- Frontier Medical/Mental Health Professional Form
- Frontier Animal Behavior Acknowledgement Form
- Click here for form
Advanced Notice & Document Submission:
- Forms must be uploaded online at least 48 hours before departure.
- Click here to upload forms
- You will receive a confirmation email once all your documents have been received and reviewed.
- Must keep all original documentation throughout the entirety of your journey.
Airline staff will visually verify your animal at the airport.
- Number of animals
- Each passenger is limited to one emotional support animal.
- Animal Type
- Acceptable emotional support animals are cats or dogs.
- Breeds not accepted
- No restrictions
- The size of the animal must not exceed the personal foot space of the passenger’s seat and may not extend into the aisle.
- No animal age restrictions
Guidelines for Traveling with an Emotional Support Animal:
- Emotional support animals travel for free.
- Animals must be clean and obedient
- Support Animals must be under supervision by the owner and on a leash at all times or in a carrier under the seat.
- All animals must remain on the floor, under the seat or in the lap if smaller than a 2 year old child.
- Passengers with an Emotional Support Animal can not be seated in an exit row
Frontier Airlines reserves the right to deny boarding if your Emotional Support Animal engages in any of the following disruptive behaviors:
- Excessing barking, scratching or whining
- Aggressive behaviors such as biting or growling
- Jumping on passengers
- Relieving themselves in the cabin or gate area
- Occupying a seat or seat-back tray table
- Eating off seat-back tray tables
Destinations with Restrictions:
It is highly recommended that when you travel with an emotional support animal outside the United States, that you contact the appropriate consulate or embassy to verify that you have all required documentation to enter that country at least 4 weeks in advance.
For questions, contact 801.401.9004