- Hawaiian Airlines Emotional Support Animal Form or a Letter provided from a licensed Mental Health Professional on their official letterhead.
- Animal Behavior and Liability Waiver
- Signed at airport with agent upon check-in.
- Flights from North America-to-Hawaii
- In addition to the Emotional Support Animal Form or letter, an Animal Health Certificate and any documentation required by the Hawaii Department of Agriculture is needed to travel with an ESA.
- All flights over 8 Hours will require documentation stating that your animal will not need to relieve itself on the flight or can do so in a manner that does not create a health or sanitation issue on the flight.
Advanced Notice & Document Submission:
- Advanced notice is required at least 48 hours before departure by contacting their reservations department
- Contact Number: 800.367.5320
- You are required to check-in with a Hawaiian Airlines airport agent.
- Must keep all original documentation throughout the entirety of your journey.
Airline staff will visually verify your animal at the airport.
- Number of animals
- Each passenger is limited to one emotional support animal.
- Animal Type
- Acceptable emotional support animals are cats or dogs. Hawaii has additional restrictions.
- Breeds not accepted
- No restrictions
- The size of the animal must not exceed the personal space of the passenger’s seat.
- Animal must be 4 months or older
Guidelines for Traveling with an Emotional Support Animal:
- Emotional support animals travel for free.
- Animals must be clean and obedient
- Support Animals must be under supervision by the owner and on a leash at all times or in a carrier.
- All animals must remain on the floor and cannot obstruct aisles or exit rows
- Passengers with an Emotional Support Animal can not be seated in an exit row.
Support Animals will not be permitted to board if any of the following disruptive behaviors are observed by an Hawaiian Airline agent:
- Aggressive behaviors such as biting, growling, or lunging
- Jumping on passengers
- Occupying a seat or seat-back tray table
- Eating off seat-back tray tables
Destinations with Restrictions:
It is highly recommended that when you travel with an emotional support animal outside the United States, that you contact the appropriate consulate or embassy to verify that you have all required documentation to enter that country at least 4 weeks in advance.
For questions, contact 800.367.5320