- Medical/Mental Health Professional Form
- Blurb on ESA letter
- Veterinary Health Form
- Customer Confirmation of Animal Behavior Form
- Click here for form
Advanced Notice & Document Submission:
- Forms must be uploaded online at least 48 hours before departure.
- Emotional Support animals need to be added to your reservation.
- Must keep all original documentation throughout the entirety of your journey.
- Behavior of the animal will be assessed at the airport before approving travel.
Airline staff will visually verify your animal at the airport.
- Number of animals
- Each passenger is limited to one emotional support animal.
- Animal Type
- Acceptable emotional support animals are cats, dogs and miniature horses
- Breeds not accepted
- No restrictions
- The size of the animal must not exceed the personal foot space of the passenger’s seat and may not extend into the aisle. However, if your animal is too large you may purchase an additional seat to guarantee your travel.
- No animal restrictions
Guidelines for Traveling with an Emotional Support Animal:
- Emotional support animals travel for free.
- Animals must be clean, obedient, and in good health.
- Support Animals must be under supervision by the owner and on a leash at all times or in a carrier.
- All animals must remain on the floor, under the seat or in the lap if animal does not touch any part of the seat or adjacent passenger.
- Animal is never allowed to occupy a seat.
- Passengers with an Emotional Support Animal can not be seated in an exit row or obstruct an aisle.
JetBlue reserves the right to deny boarding if your Emotional Support Animal engages in any of the following disruptive behaviors:
- Aggressive behaviors such as biting or growling
- Occupying a seat or seat-back tray table
- Eating off seat-back tray tables
Destinations with Restrictions:
It is highly recommended that when you travel with an emotional support animal outside the United States, that you contact the appropriate consulate or embassy to verify that you have all required documentation to enter that country at least 4 weeks in advance.
For questions, contact 800.538.2583