- Medical/Mental Health Professional Form
- Veterinary Health Form and vaccination records
- Passenger Confirmation of Liability and Emotional Support/Psychiatric Service Animal Behavior Form
- Click here for forms
- Emotional Support Animals are not allowed on flights that are 8 or more hours in duration.
Advanced Notice & Document Submission:
- Forms must be submitted at least 48 hours before departure via United Airlines portal
- Must keep all original documentation throughout the entirety of your journey.
Airline staff will visually verify your animal at the airport.
- Number of animals
- Each passenger is limited to one Emotional Support Animal.
- Animal Type
- Animals accepted as emotional support animals are cats or dogs. Hawaii has additional restrictions.
- Breeds not accepted
- No restrictions
- Animals cannot weigh more than 65 pounds. The size of the animal must not exceed the personal foot space of the passenger’s seat and may not extend into the aisle.
- Animal must be 4 months or older.
Guidelines for Traveling with an Emotional Support Animal:
- Emotional support animals travel for free.
- Animals must be clean and obedient
- Support Animals must be under supervision by the owner and on a leash at all times or in a carrier.
- All animals must remain on the floor and seated in the space below your seat
- Passengers with an Emotional Support Animal can not be seated in an exit row
United Airlines will consider your Emotional Support Animal a pet and all requirements and applicable fees will apply if any of the following disruptive behaviors are observed:
- Aggressive behaviors such as biting or growling
- Jumping on passengers
- Occupying a seat or seat-back tray table
- Eating off seat-back tray tables
Destinations with Restrictions:
It is highly recommended that when you travel with an emotional support animal outside the United States, that you contact the appropriate consulate or embassy to verify that you have all required documentation to enter that country at least 4 weeks in advance.
For questions, contact 800.228.2744