- Trained Service Animal Veterinary Health Form
- Must provide credible verbal assurance that your animal is trained as a service animal.
- Allegiant Air will not accept only a harness/vest, ID card or registration as the sole evidence that your animal is a service animal.
Advanced Notice & Document Submission:
- Forms must be presented to an Allegiant representative at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
- Must keep all original documentation throughout the entirety of your journey and presented before all flights, inbound and outbound.
Airline staff will visually verify your animal at the airport.
- Each passenger is limited to 3 Service Animals.
- Acceptable service animals are dogs, cats or miniature horses.
- Allegiant no longer accepts pit bull type breeds.
- The size of the animal must not exceed the personal foot space of the passenger’s seat and may not extend into the aisle.
- No animal age restrictions.
Guidelines for Traveling with a Service Animal:
- Service Animals travel for free.
- Service Animals must be under supervision by the owner and on a leash at all times or in a carrier.
- All animals must remain on the floor, under the seat or in the lap if under 30 Ibs.
- Recommended carrier requirements:
- Soft-sided leak proof carrier
- Carrier size must be 9”H X 16”W X 19”D or smaller
- Passengers with a Service Animal can not be seated in an exit row.
Allegiant reserves the right to deny transport of any Service Animal that demonstrates the following disruptive behaviors:
- Excessive barking, not in response to handler’s need or distress
- Aggressive behaviors
- Running around or jumping on passengers
- Relieving themselves in the cabin or places other than designated pet relief areas
- Occupying a seat or seat-back tray table
- Eating off seat-back tray tables
- Does not obey the owner’s commands
Destinations with Restrictions:
It is the passenger’s responsibility to know and adhere to local and state regulations when traveling with a Service Animal, as them may differ from state to state.
It is highly recommended that when you travel with a Service Animal outside the United States, that you contact the appropriate consulate or embassy to verify that you have all required documentation to enter that country at least 4 weeks in advance.
For questions, contact Customer Care at 702.505.8888.